Friday, November 12, 2010

If God be for us, who can be against us?

I am finding that Romans 8:28-31 is a lot harder to walk out than I thought. Why is that when you choose not to take on the practices of the land (Deuteronomy 18:9), you immediately have contention, strife, and conflict. No one wants to hear about your faith and how you would rather trust and believe in GOD than believe in something man made. Am I being the witness that HE wants me to be? I haven't been as up front with my faith as I would like to be. Part of me wants to walk in and announce "My faith in HIM is what keeps me healthy. HE is perfect and would have no need for anything man made. HIS healing is spiritual and physical. Man made "cures" just "band aid" the symptom(s) - it doesn't heal the problem." Disobedience is what makes people sick and have ailments whether it is something that is generational or something that you personally came into agreement with that is not of HIM. This has been truly one of the hardest tests I have faced. My initial thought is to leave and run away. What is that going to prove? If I am going to be a witness to everyone around me, then I have to stay. HE has put me here for a reason. This is a lesson for me as well as whomever I am to affect. Stay strong and be diligent. There are more people who agree with my perspective than I know. They just feel threatened by those who set down the rules. How is HE using me? What is my role in this situation? I can honestly say, "I don’t know". I have never taken the time to ask. I have spent more time complaining and taking it personally (feeling attacked) and having the poor me syndrome. I need to remember that HE is in charge. HE has allowed this to happen. This is not about me (well, not in the way that I thought). HE tests us to see how we will rely on HIM to get us through. My faith is stronger and bigger than I know - I just have to know in my heart how strong it is. Matthew 26:41 states "Watch and pray that ye not enter into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Wow, does this scripture apply to me. Temptation is not always something lustful. Temptation can be your anger flaring, constant complaining, or just allowing your emotions to go outside of what HE wants you do and think. Seeing someone and having the attitude "She never does any work" or "He always gets his way" is allowing those negative emotions to stay stirred up. This is exactly what the enemy wants. All the enemy wants is for you to take your eyes off of HIM.  Ha Satan also knows and can see when HE is going to test you. How do I take control of my emotions and not let people or situations get to me? Being in constant prayer. Keeping your mind and your heart focused on the LORD will help you. The Lord could have you in a situation for one day or for 10 years. You have to be diligent and walk it out no matter how long you have to be there. I have also realized that the people around me don't understand my faith - even if they are believers. You can tell anyone that you believe in HIM or that you are a Christian. But what does that really mean? There are different levels of believing. I have to stay true to what I feel HE wants me to do (Deuteronomy 5:32). It may seem like I am doing the hardest thing possible instead of taking the easy way out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment